Sunday, April 26, 2009

Save the Last Dance For . . .


Last night I helped Marin with her hair in preparation for prom. My last girl, going to her last school dance. Sigh! I guess I passed another mommy milestone. Some days I feel relieved that my last child is graduating from high school. No more programs, no more parent-teacher conferences, no more late night homework, no more lunch money . . . But today I feel kinda sad. No more warm hugs and cookies when they get home from school, no more pride in their accomplishments, no more tears of joy watching them learn something new. But I am still a Mom and I still get to share their joy in their accomplishments, and watch them learn new things. It's mostly from long-distance now. Bitter-sweet day.

1 comment:

Joy said...

I guess having an empty nest is not all it is cracked up to be.