Sunday, April 19, 2009

What a ride!

Yesterday Bill and I rode our bikes around West Mountain. I knew it would be hard since it was my first ride of the season. And it was hard. Especially after Bill's tire blew out and I was left to ride into the headwind alone to get the car. But, during that stretch, I averaged about 12 mph which is good considering how hard the wind was blowing. Poor Bill got cold waiting for me. Just as I got back to the car, he called and said a nice man had picked him up and was bringing him to the car. Nice people make the world a better place!!!

The ride around the lake was beautiful. Spring!!! The water levels are very high. We saw a lot of pelicans on the water, saw a few other birds, but it is still early. There is the most peaceful feeling riding next to the water. It's almost as nice as canoeing the Boundary Waters, but not.

This morning I am a bit stiff and going up the stairs hurts, but it was definitely worth it! Yeah my first 35 miles of the season! Can't wait for my next ride. Maybe I'll head up Provo Canyon to see how far the snow has melted. Hopefully all the way to the top of South Fork Canyon!

No comments: