Friday, February 26, 2010

My new motto is "One Day at a Time."

After 50 days in the hospital, I got to bring Mom home yesterday. I must admit that I was a little nervous about having both Mom and Dad here to take care of. Yesterday's discharge was a long, drawn-out process. But, it turned out to be a blessing because the very minute I was pulling out of the parking lot, my phone rang. It was the Moran Eye center calling and I was able to go pick up some documents I need for Dad that otherwise would have taken several more days to receive. Glad the timing worked out that I was able to pick up the documents while I was still at the hospital campus.

I know things will smooth out and I'll be able to figure out a routine with Mom and Dad once Dad is in school M-F and we know when home health will be coming. This morning it was 10:00 before I got my breakfast and 10:30 before I got my shower. But I did get Mom dressed, breakfasted, teeth brushed, toileted twice and up and down the stairs before then. Dad is really learning to be as independent as he can be and that will improve I know.

Another blessing is that the blind school arranged a ride for Dad back and forth to school until he gets trained to use the bus. That is a huge relief off my shoulders!

I am constantly praying for patience and long-suffering so that this can be as pleasant as possible for all of us.

One day at a time!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Way to go Aunt Stacee! Don't get too over exhausted with everything going on. I'm glad that Grandpa Reed is going to blind school, and I hope things go well with that and with Grandma Reed. I love you!